This website provides an independent and open tool for scanning your Facebook privacy settings.
- Drag this grey button to your browser bookmarks bar: Scan for Privacy
- Go to your Facebook privacy settings and then click that bookmark once you are on Facebook.
- You will see a series of privacy scans that inspect your privacy settings and warn you about settings that might be unexpectedly public.
- Follow us on Facebook to hear about the latest updates.
- Tell your friends to check their privacy too: Share
Having trouble? Check our help page for tips and video walkthroughs.
Our mission is to promote privacy awareness on Facebook and elsewhere. Spread awareness to your friends on Facebook by sharing this website with them:
You can follow us on Twitter too!
Are you a translator? Contribute a translation and help to spread the privacy scanner to other countries!
Are you a programmer? Contribute to the source code on Github and help to keep the privacy scanner up-to-date. All development will remain open and transparent.
Keep up with the latest news about privacy policies on Facebook.
- The Erosion of Facebook Privacy eff.org
- Facebook Privacy Changes eff.org
- 7 Things to Stop Doing Now on Facebook yahoo.com
- Facebook's Gone Rogue wired.com
- we never see your Facebook data
- we never share your personal information
Be Security Conscious
Please be safe. Make sure you know that a link (like this) or application (like those on Facebook) is trustworthy before you install it. We try to ensure a measure of accountability for our own link by releasing all of our code (including this website itself) as open-source, and maintaining good communication about important updates.
You should never use this scanner on a secure website like your bank or any other financial institution. Keep in mind that those websites often have far more sensitive information than Facebook.
Statement of limitation of liability: you use this tool at your own risk, and by using this tool you agree to hold neither ReclaimPrivacy.org (nor its contributors) liable for damage to your Facebook account. However, we do strive to reduce that risk by keeping the source code open and transparent, so that we can identify bugs and quickly fix any functionality.
about the community contributors
Frieder contributed the German translation of the tool. Pablo contributed the snazzy new logo. @leighman contributed usability improvements to the website. @zkwentz contributed status update privacy scans. Matteo and @mfornasa both provided Italian translations of the tool. Renaud Boitouzet provided the French translations of the tool.
about the original author